The company is a leading global software developer for modern telecoms. The company’s billing (B/OSS & OCS) and switching (SBC & Class 4/5) products enable telecommunication service providers and carriers to run a broad line of retail, enterprise, SME, and wholesale services on a single integrated software platform.
We create software solutions enabling telecommunication service providers and carriers to offer multiple voices, data, and converged services on a single platform.
Our products are built around a converged carrier-grade billing platform combined with a class 4-5 SIP softswitch and media applications for conferencing, IVR and unified messaging.
Our billing is RADIUS based and compatible with major SBC and media gateway vendors. It can process real-time prepaid and postpaid charges for voice and video calls, Internet connectivity, MVNO and IPTV services, WiFi/WiMAX access, data, and faxes, or one-time events such as SMS or a pay-per-view movie.
Our platform is a unified platform for telecommunication service providers, wholesale carriers, ISP, MVNO and NGN operators for unifying voice, messaging, and data traffic within a single converged network.
Our platform provides various prepaid, postpaid, retail and wholesale telecommunication services, including calling cards, Vonage- and Skype-like services, CLEC type services, MVNO & MVNE, ISP, WiMAX & WiFi and much more. It includes 2 main components:
Billing system, a business and operation support system (B/OSS) designed for telecommunication service providers to manage end-to-end telecom service networks.
Our SIP is a clusterable and highly scalable SIP softswitch of class 4 and class 5 with media application that plays IVR (voice prompts). It offers a variety of both advanced class 5 features for hosted IPPBX or IP Centrex services as well as the majority of functionality normally attributed to session border controllers (SBC).
• 5+ years of experience in software development.
• Python: 3+ years of experience with Python system programming.
• Development environment: Unix/Linux.
• Good coding techniques: re-usability of code, code optimized for performance, ability to work with legacy code, code refactoring techniques.
• Strong understanding of network technologies and protocols (TCP/UDP, NAT, DNS, IPv4/IPv6)
• Good knowledge of OOP, OOD principles.
• Ability to work independently to devise and execute a plan of action.
• Professional discipline, ethics, ability to follow rules and standards.
• Good written English is a must; good spoken English is a plus.
Will be a plus.
• Experience with VoIP/VoLTE, SIP, RADIUS, Diameter, PBX, WiMAX, Cisco.
• Knowledge of SIP, Radius, Diameter protocols, WebRTC technology.
• Experience with GIT/Gerrit, Jenkins.
• Participate in low-level design reviews.
• Code new software components from start to finish with minimal instruction.
• Participate in code reviews of own and others’ work.
• Document low-level designs based on high-level specifications.
• Providing assistance for support with application issue troubleshooting.
• Provide high-quality product, which meets the user expectations in terms of both functionality and stability (absence of coding/algorithmic errors).
• Work both in a team environment and individually.
• Use initiative and vision to propose new areas of product development.
• Follow a defined schedule and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
• Ensure the project’s deadlines are met.
• Acquire new knowledge; demonstrate proactive learning and continuous development of the skill set.
• Productivity, the strong sense of responsibility, pragmatic and goal-oriented thinking.
• Interesting and challenging work in global software solutions vendor for modern telecoms.
• Our working hours are 9:30 — 18:00, however, flexibility is appreciated. Occasional work out of regular hours may be required.
• Competitive salary.
• English classes.
• Paid vacations: 24 business days.
• Corporate events, great team and friendly atmosphere.